Olympus Digital Voice Recorders
Olympus DS5000 Digital Voice Recorder
The Olympus DS-5000 Digital Voice Recorder and the Olympus AS-5000 Transcription Kit are top-of-the-range solutions for across-the-board professional dictation requirements. Both the DS-5000 and the AS-5000 are complemented by the all-new DSS Player Pro software which provides added power and versatility to streamline workflow for more efficiency. With a focus on flexibility, security, simplicity and reliability, the DS-5000 incorporates numerous state-of-the-art features to boost the productivity of dictation-users in all types of small, medium and even large businesses. This is further enhanced when used in conjunction with the AS-5000 Transcription Kit. Dictation and transcription requirements are therefore seamlessly integrated into the daily office workflow.
Protecting the confidentiality and security of recordings is essential in the workplace. For this reason, the DS-5000 incorporates numerous security features to ensure files are protected from unauthorized playback or duplication. For starters, the DS-5000 allows voice files to be encrypted and decrypted. Users can also set up password protection to secure the device from unauthorized access and protect confidential recordings.
- Device Lock Function With Password Protection
- File Encryption and Decryption
- Elegant and Durable Metal Body, Ergonomic Design
- Records in New Digital Speech Standard Pro Format
- Three Programmable Buttons
- SD/SDHC and microSD Card Removable Memory
- Convenient USB Docking/Recharging Station Included
- True Slide Switch Control
- Demographic Data Input - Author ID, Work Type, Date/Time, Priority, Index, etc.
- 28-Hour Extended Battery Life on One Charge of Included Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Optional Barcode Scanner for Enhanced Workflow
- Large Backlit LCD
- Seven File Folders Each Store Up To 200 Messages
- Easy Editing Of Existing Recordings By Appending, Overwriting, Inserting, Erasing Or Partial-Erase
- Automatic Voice Activation
- Included DSS Player Pro Release 5 Software
- Automatic Software and Firmware Updates
- USB 2.0 High-Speed Interface
- Verbal Comment and Verbal Annotations Function
- Up To 32 Index Marks Per File
- NEW Button
- Draft Dictation Function
- Smooth Cue/Review
- Full Duplex USB Microphone / Speaker
- Direct Recording and Direct Transfer to a Personal Computer
- Included Accessories:
- CR-10 Multi-Function Docking Station / USB Cradle
- 512MB microSD Card (built-in, non-removeable, located behind battery compartment)
- A-513 AC Adapter
- BR-403 Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Leather Carrying Case
- KP-21 USB Cable
- DSS Player Pro R5 Dictation software CD-ROM
- User manual
Olympus DS4000 Digital Voice Recorder
Olympus professional digital recorder is slide switch operated for ease of use, stacked with premium features and enhanced DSS Player Pro Dictation software for outstanding performance, and designed - inside and out - to provide you with first class conveniences and all the accessories you need for an easy, flexible, and productive dictation lifestyle.
Olympus DS4000 Features
- Slide Switch Operation is quiet and easy to use, resulting in high performance,
comfort, and increased productivity.
- Records in DSS (Digital Speech Standard) format, developed primarily to meet dictation
and transcription needs.
- File/Edit function allows you to easily insert, overwrite, partially erase files.
- Record more than 11 hours of superb quality DSS audio with the included 32MB xD-Picture Card and up to 359 hours, with a 1GB xD Memory card. (optional)
- Improved DSS Player Pro software provides automatic download and backup of recordings; automatic distribution of recordings via email or FTP to other users, direct recording onto your PC, managing and changing settings on your recorder, playing and editing of recordings on your PC; and automatic retrieval of typed documents and much more.
- Compact design and light metal finish combine for a recorder with a professional look and feel and large easy to read LCD with backlight
- Dual function cradle for recharging of Ni-MH battery pack and downloading data to a PC.
- Choose between two combinations of recording modes, SP or LP, and recording sensitivity, Dictate or Conference, to suit your recording needs.
- The DS-4000's automatic voice activation keeps recordings free from dead space and saves recording capacity and time during transcription.
- Up to 10 users ID's and 10 Work Types can be programmed on the recorder to support user environment where recorders are exchanged amongst professionals
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack for added convenience automatically charges when the recorder is placed in the cradle.
- The DS4000 allows for easy editing of existing recordings by appending, overwriting, inserting, and erasing or partial-erase of recording.
- The DS-4000 recorder can categorically classify and store recording in any of the 7 different folders that can be programmed on the recorder. Each folder can store up to 199 messages per folder.
- Designed to withstand the heavy usage of the professional user. Durable switches and connectors of the DS4000 are designed to eliminate or minimize the down time.
- When the DS-4000 is left unused and in stop mode for a set amount of time, it will automatically shut itself off
- The DS4000 transfer rate of dictation from the recorder to PC or vise versa has been improved to reduce time spent waiting for the transfer process to finish.
- The DS-4000 will automatically synchronize its clock with your PC using the DSS Player Pro Dictation software.
- The DSS Player Pro Dictation software supports encryption of dictations before sending as email attachments or via FTP.
- The DS-4000 supports hands-free recording with the optional RS-25 footswitch. Connect the RS-25 to the cradle, place the recorder in the cradle and you are ready to go.
- Multi-level alarms can be enabled and set to meet various needs
- The DS4000 supports and displays language in English, French, and German.
- Splash screen automatically displays default time of day greeting when DS-4000 is turned on, or you can program your own greeting (up to 20 characters).
**The Olympus DS4000 Digital Voice Recorder has been discontinued, but Quality Assured Office Machines does offer a refurbished unit. Quantities may be limited, please call for availability.